Real Property Tax Service
COUNTY OF WAYNE REAL PROPERTY SEALED BID
26 Church Street, Lyons, NY (County Attorney’s Office)
Deadline: October 10, 2008 at 3:00 p.m. (Friday)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- The property offered for sale has been acquired by the County of Wayne (hereinafter referred to as the "County") by Court Order pursuant to the provisions of Title 3 of Article 11 of the Real Property Tax Law of the State of New York.
- Former owners will not be allowed to bid on their properties.
- All bids are subject to approval and acceptance by the Wayne County Board of Supervisors. The County reserves the right to sell to the second highest bidder if the purchaser defaults, or has outstanding real property taxes.
- The Board of Supervisors reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids or to withdraw any parcel from the sale at any time prior to delivery of the deed to the purchaser.
- The property will be conveyed by the County to the purchaser by quit-claim deed.
- The County will not furnish an abstract of title or an instrument survey map.
- The County does not make any representations or warranties, expressed or implied, (a) concerning the quality or the condition of the title to the property, or the validity or marketability of such title; the ownership of any improvements on the property; the condition of the property and any improvements thereon or its fitness for any use; or the accuracy of the property description on the tax roll or in the notice of sale or any other advertisement of sale furnished by the County; or (b) that the property or any improvements thereon presently comply with building or zoning codes, or with any state or local laws or regulations. Any information concerning the property furnished by the County or any of its officers, employees, or agents shall not be deemed to include any such representations or warranties. Any promotional tools such as photographic slides, tax maps, written or verbal descriptions, etc. are for informational purposes only.
- The purchaser shall accept the property and any improvements thereon in "as is" condition with the understanding that the County makes no representation as to ownership or responsibility for any personal property located on the real property.
- The sale of the property is made subject to (a) village, town, state and federal claims for taxes, liens or other encumbrances, and (b) all easements or rights-of-way which were in existence at the time of the levy of the tax the non-payment of which resulted in the tax deed to the County.
- The County will convey the property free and clear of tax liens accrued on June 1, 2008, but will be subject to 2008-2009 School Taxes.
- The purchaser will pay all of the following taxes and charges, including all interest and penalties if applicable if they have not been paid:
- 2008-2009 School Tax
2009 Town Tax & County Tax-which may include relevied village or school taxes.
- In order to avoid future delinquent charges, the new owner should immediately advise all tax collectors of the new ownership, and the address where future tax bills are to be mailed.
- The Bidder shall submit full payment by certified check or money order, payable to the Wayne County Treasurer, immediately at time of bid submission for any bids in the amount of $1,000 or less.
- Regarding any bids for more than $1,000, the bidder shall submit the amount of $1,000 plus 10% of the bid amount over $1,000 upon the bid submission by certified check or money order; payable to Wayne County Treasurer.
- The purchaser's bid will be submitted to the Board of Supervisors on OCTOBER 21, 2008. It shall be the purchaser's responsibility to contact the County Real Property Tax Service Agency (946-5916) on or after OCTOBER 22, 2008 to determine whether the bid was accepted or rejected by the Board of Supervisors.
- The purchaser must pay the balance of the purchase price (paid in cash or by certified check, bank check or money order payable to the Wayne County Treasurer) together with the necessary recording taxes and fees (paid in cash or check payable to the Wayne County Clerk) to the County Attorney’s Office not later than OCTOBER 31, 2008, by 3:00 p.m.(FRIDAY) Upon receipt of such payments, the deed will be recorded in the County Clerk's Office and mailed to the purchaser upon completion of the recording process. If the purchaser fails to make such payments on or before OCTOBER 31, 2008, the sale shall be deemed cancelled, the County shall not be obligated to convey the property to the purchaser, and the purchaser's deposit shall be retained by the County as liquidated damages.